Monday, February 06, 2006

Ganja Goo Balls by Great Beast

I often peruse Craig's List for comedy. "Women seeking men", the "Pets" discussion board, "Casual Encounters" - all provide ample fodder for my laff needs, while also reinforcing my shut-in's feeling that I ain't missin' anything out there in the big ole world. But no section is a bigger goldmine than "Musicians." For whatever reason, it just rules. If only the comedy greats - Billy, Whoopi, Robin, Carrot Top, Ray Romano, or Larry The Cable Guy had struck upon this formulation. Dumb guy plus music aspirations equals funny, funny, funny. Actually two of the funniest people I know have explored this theme superbly. My friend Frank in his forthcoming book, "King Dork"; and my friend Jon Wurster in his comedy CDs. Today I wandered through this lush garden of humor, eating freely of the ripe fruit of the Gods, and I duly ended up with an MP3 on my hands of a song by a band called Great Beast. Their hit single, is, of course, "Ganja Goo Balls." And I was also shown a vision from our Lord - a Christian band, admitting freely and of their own volition, that their key venues are "coffee houses, prisons, juvenile halls, recovery groups." God bless them, every one.

n.b. You *really* might wanna click on that Billy Crystal link. For rilla, gorilla.

No comments: